The mission of this blog is to help people stay away from suicide. We focus on suicide Prevention and we want people to know that LIFE is EVERYTHING!

Suicide Map

Suicide Map
Fred Tiencken

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Are You Depressed?

There is a strong link between depression and Suicide. So I find it important to take a look at this checklist and see if you might be depressed. Keep in mind that it is absolutely normal to feel like these symptoms from time to time however, experiencing them more than 3 times a week might be a sign of depression these are:

I feel sad.
I feel like crying a lot.
I'm bored.
I feel alone.
I don't really feel sad, just "empty".
I don't have confidence in myself.
I don't like myself.
I often feel scared, but I don't know why.
I feel mad, like I could just explode!
I feel guilty.
I can't concentrate.
I have a hard time remembering things.
I don't want to make decisions - it's too much work.
I feel like I'm in a fog.
I'm so tired, no matter how much I sleep.
I'm frustrated with everything and everybody.
I don’t have fun anymore.
I feel helpless.
I'm always getting into trouble.
I'm restless and jittery. I can’t sit still.
I feel nervous.
I feel disorganized, like my head is spinning.
I feel self-conscious.
I can't think straight. My brain doesn't seem to work.
I feel ugly.
I don’t feel like talking anymore - I just don’t have anything to say.
I feel my life has no direction.
I feel life isn’t worth living.
I consume alcohol/take drugs regularly.
My whole body feels slowed down - my speech, my walk, and my movements.
I don't want to go out with friends anymore.
I don't feel like taking care of my appearance.
Occasionally, my heart pounds, I can't catch my breath, and I feel tingly.
My vision feels strange and I feel I might pass out. The feeling passes in seconds, but I'm afraid it will happen again.
Sometimes I feel like I'm losing it.
I feel "different" from everyone else.
I smile, but inside I'm miserable.
I have difficulty falling asleep or I awaken between 1 A.M. and 5 A.M. and then I can't get back to sleep.
My appetite has diminished - food tastes so bland.
My appetite has increased - I feel I could eat all the time.
My weight has increased/decreased.
I have headaches.
I have stomachaches.
My arms and legs hurt.
I feel nauseous.
I'm dizzy.
Sometimes my vision seems blurred or slow.
I'm clumsy.
My neck hurts.

This checklist was retrieved from save.org

No comments: